DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE NEW LAW?
IDHA's Regulation & Practice Council have prepared the following document which is in Question and Answer form concerning HB 1061 and the new law that was signed by Gov. Pence and became effective on July 1, 2014. If you have questions, there is a link to the law. Read the law. Know what the law says.
New Statutory Requirements: http://www.in.gov/pla/3653.htm
The bill in its entirety: http://iga.in.gov/legislative/2014/bills/house/1061/
IDHA Strategic Plan
Lead the transformation of the dental hygiene profession to improve the public's oral and overall health.
Dental hygienists are integrated into the healthcare delivery system as essential primary care providers to expand access to oral health care.
IDHA 2014-2019 Goals
1. Advocacy- The profession of dental hygiene will advance at the state and local level.
2. Alliances- IDHA is better positioning the profession to be viewed as an integrated part of the healthcare system through strategic partnerships.
3. Education- Dental hygiene professionals will be prepared for the evolving scope of professional practice and settings.
IDHA 2014-2019 Objectives
1. Maximize the ability of dental hygienists to take advantage of opportunities in more integrated health systems
2. Maximize relationships with local and state community representatives
3. Advocate legislative activities that support IDHA's mission
4. Raise public awareness of the Indiana dental hygiene profession
1. Increase strategic partnerships
2. Strengthen and expand relationships with educators
1. Expand professional development opportunities for lifelong learners
2. Build stakeholder knowledge of the profession
IDHA Professional Development Day
68th House of Delegates
May 16-17, 2014
"TIME FOR A CHANGE"
Our meeting was very successful! Thanks to all who participated in this event. Please mark your calendars for next year's event: May 15,16, 2015 at the Convention Center, Downtown Indianapolis.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Benco Dental, Dux Dental, Kerr TotalCare, GCAmerica, Inc, Colgate,
Sunstar Butler, XylliMelts, Dr. Kurt Losier, NE Indiana Sensational Smiles
Next year's meeting will be May 15-16, 2015
at the Convention Center, Downtown Indianapolis
Interested in Joining IDHA? Become a member of IDHA today.
HB 1061 was signed by Gov. Pence this past week. While the journey of the bill was long and arduous, we are proud to say that with the diligent work of many people, we have advanced the profession of dental hygiene! A BIG thank you to the professionals, who made this happen!The bill in its entirety can be read at this link:
IDHA will make every effort to post employment forms within 24 hours.
Hygienists can view job postings in the Member Only section.
Employment information for IDHA Members can also be listed on our page, "Hygienists Seeking Employment". Just download the form and email it to IDHA and your information will get posted!
IDHA will make every effort to post employment forms within 24 hours. All postings will be removed on a February/August rotation. No reminders will be sent out. No applications will be kept on file and resubmission will be necessary.
NOTICE TO MEMBERS
Email addresses are vital to our organization! This is the primary (and economical) way that IDHA communicates with hygienists.
By providing us with all of your current contact information, especially email address, we are able to keep members informed of important announcements and breaking news for our profession and organization.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL MEMBERS
The primary way IDHA will contact non-members is by email. Non-members may occasionally receive hard copy messages from IDHA. As a non-member, you may be able to get some information about IDHA events by viewing our Continuing Education Page and our News Page. You can also call IDHA’s Office for information, 219-798-2340.
Plan to Attend!